So I took this very soft jersey bedsheet I'd been hanging on to and tossed it in the washer with a couple packets of dye, hoping for a nice deep cerise colour. No such luck: I ended up with fabric the exact colour of raspberry sorbet.
Here's an indoor shot with a better view of the nice vintage button details. And if you're thinking to yourself, "Wow, that dress makes her look about four months pregnant," well, that's because I am. Hence the need for a dress that fits. In a hurry.
This one should do me for a few holiday parties. I'm still getting used to sewing jersey, but gaining confidence all the time. At the moment, though, my darling Bear is wiping his snotty face all over my dress, so I should go deal with that.