Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hearts and leaves dress for Craft Hope Haiti


I've just sent photos and a description over to the folks at Craft Hope so that they can add this sweet little dress to their shop. It will probably be a few days before the dress is listed, because the item donations are coming in fast and furious over there. In case you haven't heard, all the proceeds from the shop are going to Doctors Without Borders for their relief work in Haiti. As of Monday, they were closing in on the $10 000 mark. How cool is that?

The red pinwale corduroy I used is from a huge dress I bought at a yard sale last summer and have been hoarding ever since. The print is, of all things, a 1983 Laura Ashley fabric that a friend gave me during a de-stash. The heart-shaped pockets are lined, and roomy enough to hold many exciting treasures.
The covered buttons were original to the red corduroy dress.

French seams throughout, and the bodice is fully lined with the contrasting print material.

Pretty cute, hey?
If I could do nothing but sew toddler dresses all day, I would be a happy woman indeed. Toddler clothes and stuffed toys. Heaven, I tell you.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    Amelia just leaned over my shoulder and said "Oh Mama, I love da hearts"...hehe :)
    -Ally B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, all! Ally, I'm half thinking of making some more of these to sell, if I can schedule enough sewing-room time. Amelia would look awfully fetching in this dress! Of course, she looks fetching in everything, the darned cutie, but still.

    ReplyDelete