Monday, November 5, 2012

Handmade weekend

It was at the same time busy and not busy. Dance class, shopping with Grandma, and a Girl Guides hike for Miss B, a meeting and then yoga and groceries for me, a friend's birthday party then an outing with Daddy for Cha-bear. Joodles and Pickle along for the ride, with no social engagements of their own just yet. Somehow, amid all this, the weekend still seemed leisurely. Pretty calm, aside from two boys who are still pretending to be knights and bashing each other with swords.

I wasn't able to get out to buy anything for our little birthday friend last week, so we were gift-less come Friday night. Rather than rush to a shop on Saturday for a gift, I made this  sweet purple velvet crown for her (she's a very dress-uppy young lady). The velvet is from an old thrifted skirt, the rick-rack and flower are ancient, and the ribbon was in my stash. I'm so pleased with it.



No wrapping paper? No problem.


My meeting was a pot-luck, so I made some orange-date scones.


Sunday morning was crisp and beautiful, and required cinnamon buns.


See that? It's Miss B's long-overdue nightgown. Finally finished! I'm a little embarrassed at how long it took, considering that it's pretty much the easiest pattern ever. She loves it, and would live in it if I let her.


Wooly babies. Pickle's hat is the standard-issue woolen baby cap that my midwife knits while her clients labour. Seriously, the hats just fly out of her hands (she knits lots of other things, too...). You can spot the midwife babies all around town by their hats.


I also made a lovely pair of Big Butt Baby Pants for Pickle's big cloth diaper bum. I think I'll try to make another pair this afternoon. I love them so much.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. You lady, are awesome. No, not awesome, amazing. What other 'a'djectives can one use to describe you? :)

    Jen in Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, jeez! Thank you so much! I'm blushing a little.

      Delete